Shiho's Violin Tuition Page
This is where you'll find everything you need in one place.
Next lesson (11/5)
1. Double stopping Studies - continue
Pages 8 & 9 - 3rds and 6ths - as before practise SLOWLY in order to listen to the intervals - don't just 'accept' whatever comes - these studies are not musically 'interesting'. They are for you to really HEAR.
2. Mozart Duo Mvt 2 - continue - focus on what come up in the lesson (4/5)
3. Vivaldi 3rd movement of Spring - continue - focus on what come up in the lesson (4/5). We are aiming for a result by perhaps end of May.
4. Beethoven Romance in G - compare your edition with the one in your Dropbox folder.
5. Researching your list of favourite pieces (see below) - links to possible Youtube accompaniments. Note that I am unable to find an online accompaniment for the Mendelssohn.
6. Tchaikovsky - in the pipeline to do when ready.
Latest Performance Review
Vivaldi "Spring" Mvt 1 - Very well played - Bird Song Section: beautifully rendered, a real sense of communication, the "breeze in the fountain" section I really could see the movement of the wind. The sudden clap of "Thunder!" - the contrast was brilliantly pulled off. Triplet arpeggio's were very well played (and in time!)
Issues: Intonation - was your E string a fraction flat? - First lightening scale the top B was sharp. At the end you seemed to lose concentration slightly.
OVERALL: This really worked - Well Done!
Record Of Achievement
Beethoven Romance in F No. 2
Vivaldi "Spring" Violin Concerto - 1st Movement
"Thais Meditation" Massenet - 20th November 2020
Double Violin Concerto: 3rd Movement J S Bach - 8th November 2020